AS/400 Legacy Systems
Preserve and build on your investment in AS/400 - iSeries - System i
Skills and experience
Parity has in-depth skills and active experience creating and maintaining thousands of custom applications and systems on the iSeries, as well as previous IBM mid-range systems. We're fully conversant in the RPG languages, SQL, CL, SDA, and DB2 database tools.
Revise and enhance
We offer full development capabilities within the iSeries OS/400 environment, to handle revisions and additions to existing legacy applications, database changes and new requirements.
Parity provides hands-on application and infrastructure support for installed iSeries - AS/400 systems, on and off site.
Transform your legacy applications to an open and flexible three-tier design. Parity has the skill sets and experience to plan and implement a smooth transition forward:
- we work hard to learn the content and use of your legacy applications, assess their business value and limitations, identify immediate objectives, and consider long term scalability
- we'll collaborate with you to map an approach that meets your goals efficiently
- system redesign
- your conversion design will incorporate existing high value content, draw on new capabilities, and permit compatibility across environments
- software development
- our redevelopment work specifically targets preserving value, discarding legacy constraints and applying enhanced functionality to requirements
- we integrate database migration and phased application deployments in the conversion roll-out
- systems remain fully available during the transition.